February 13, 2013

Sephora: Sephora Beauty Insider 2013 Birthday Gift - Benefit They're Real! Mascara & Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter Review

Happy birthday to meeee :)
I got my Sephora Beauty Insider complimentary birthday gift!
This year they are giving out mini versions of the Benefit They're Real! Mascara and Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter.


I was longing for it ever since I got an email about their birthday gift this year because I really wanted to try the Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter. I thought it's nice that I can try the highlighter out before I get the full size.
I tested out the Benefit They're Real! Mascara first.
I have to say it is an amazing mascara if you really want to lengthen and thicken your lashes. It instantly lengthens to your lashes. It also makes your lashes stand out a lot more.
As for the formula, it is not too wet or too dry. You can definitely keep building this mascara in few coats without making your lashes droopy.
One down side - that it can get clumpy which I really don't like...

Pros:
  • lengthening
  • thickening
  • no dry flakes
Cons:
  • clumpy
Rating:

As for the Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter, it is a light champagne color with shimmers. It is a beautiful subtle color. The texture is very soft and creamy to touch.
When I first tested this highlighter out I was kind of disappointed because it was very hard to blend it out on my face after I applied it on top of my BB cream. It just made my face looked really dry...
I just now figured out the highlighter blends a lot more easily when it was applied first to my face before I put on my BB cream. It definitely gives a really nice definition and glow to my face when I applied it to the high points of my face.

Pros:
  • subtle definition
  • subtle glow
Cons:
  • glitters
Rating:

Verdict - I am going to buy the Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter in full size when I finish with the mini birthday gift version :)

Available at: Sephora, Benefit

No comments:

Post a Comment